This guest post is by Laura of FreeMakeupSamples.org.uk.
Oranges belong to the citrus family and are well-recognized for their astringent and toning properties. These magic fruits are not only excellent to eat and efficient household cleaners, but they are also fantastic to use in your beauty treatments. Oranges are a cheap and highly-effective beauty remedy that can provide a wide range of benefits to the skin, hair, and body. Besides getting your daily serving of citrus fruits, use your extra oranges to try out these great beauty treatments featuring oranges.
1. Body Scrub Save the peels after you eat an orange for a variety of beauty treatments. Take several orange peels and allow them to dry in the sun. Grind the peels into a container and use it as a natural body scrub.
2. Facial Scrub Take some of the body scrub orange peels and mix with milk cream. Apply the mixture to the face to give your skin an instant glow and reduce acne and dark spots.
3. Pore Minimizer Squeeze the juice from one orange and apply it directly to your face. Allow it to sit on the skin for approximately 2 to 3 minutes and then rinse with cool water. Orange juice is considered highly effective in shrinking enlarged pores.
4. Skin Toner Orange juice makes a great skin toner and helps to protect the skin against damage from the sun. Cut an orange or clementine in half and rub the juice side out onto the face. Allow the juice to sit on your face for approximately 5 minutes. Rinse the juice off with cool water to experience fresh, glowing skin.
5. Astringent Natural orange juice acts as a strong astringent that can help eliminate blemishes on the face and body. Regular use of an orange astringent can also help to exfoliate the skin without being too harsh. Exfoliation sheds old skin cells and boosts production of new cells, providing clean, healthy skin.
6. Anti-Aging Product Juice from oranges can be applied directly to the face to reverse the signs of aging. Filled with antioxidants, oranges can prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
7. Hair Rinse Use oranges to give your hair extra shine in an affordable way. After shampooing, apply a mixture of orange juice with an equal amount of water and a teaspoon of honey to the hair. Allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Laura is a big fan of using natural beauty treatments and likes to save as much money as possible on the beauty products in her regime. She also writes for http://FreeMakeupSamples.org.uk where she finds many of the best free samples online, adding them to the website as and when they become available.
This post was contributed by a guest writer. If you’d like to guest post for Naturally Earth Friendly please check out our Become An Author page for details on how YOU can share your tips with our readers..