Did you know that the air inside your home is worse than the air outside? Outdoor air, even in the larger smog filled cities like Los Angeles, is better for you than the air in your own home. This is why you should open your windows for fresh air whenever possible. In addition to the chemical vapors from everyday cleaning products and more, air quality is important for your health and the environment.
Air quality is also thought to play a role in global warming. Global warming continues to be a problem around the world as the polar ice caps melt and add more fresh water to our oceans. Species are disappearing as their habitats change drastically with the rising temperatures and sensitive species, like corals, are severely at risk..
From air quality to global warming, here are some of our best articles pertaining to scientific discoveries and science in general.
Below you’ll find our suggestions on key posts on the topic of science from our archives. We hope you find them helpful.
- Did You Know Indoor Air Quality is Usually Worse than Outside Air Quality? – watch a quick video to learn just how bad indoor air really is
- Filter Your Air with the Power of Plants – discover an air purifier that will clean your air 40 times more effectively than traditional HEPA or carbon filters
- One Great Way to Save Energy and Improve Air Quality – a geothermal heat pump can help cool and heat your home while improving your air quality at the same time
- Scientists Think Humans Are Responsible for Global Warming – global warming is a problem as the planet temperature has increased by about 1.3 degrees Fahrenheit
- NASA Scientists Decide How to Best Fight Global Warming – 14 Ways Fight Black Carbon and Methane – methane and black carbon are the two most damaging factors contributing to global warming
Other Articles on Science
- 32,000 Year Old Seed Sprouts the World’s Oldest Plant – seeds were found buried deep under the permafrost in an Arctic squirrel’s burrow and bloomed!
- Climate Change – A quick explanation – the ocean currents play a bigger part that most are aware of in the planet warming