Eco-friendly travel takes many forms. Whether you want to volunteer while taking part in sustainable travel or simply visit green hotels with eco-tourism destinations there are several options available. As green technologies and design continues to grow some hotel chains are emerging as fully “green” hotel options, while other corporate brands in the hotel industry are transforming existing hotels with eco-friendly changes.
From ecotourism to green hotels to environmentally friendly RVing to sustainable travel and weekend escapes in your own backyard, these are some of the best places on the planet to travel.
Below you’ll find our suggestions on key posts on the topic of travel from our archives. We hope you find them helpful.
- Combine an Adventure Expedition Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with a Hands-On Volunteer Project this August – Roadmonkey offers sustainable travel that combines volunteering in the local areas for a fun and unique eco-friendly travel experience
- Eco-Friendly Hotel Rooms in 2020 – well known hotel designer Adam Tihany gives his ideas for the future sustainability of hotel rooms
- MiniHome SOLO Model Eco-Friendly Travel Trailer RV – choose the Park Model or Travel Trailer option to fit your needs
- 2010 Wildlife Expeditions Connecting People with Nature – the National Wildlife Federation offers an intimate travel experience
- Airstream is Making it Easier Than Ever to Camp without the Hassle of Buying an Airstream Trailer – next time you want to go camping try camping in a classic Airstream instead of a tent
Other Articles on Travel
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Development – Who Owns Paradise? (Second Edition) – this handy book looks at the various ecotourism and sustainable options for traveling the world