ecoATM: Now get cash in return of recycling unwanted gadgets!

Categorized | Technology

Tags:

Of all the wastes that make up the list of ‘to – be – recycled’ things on this planet, a considerable fraction is contributed by electronic gadgets and appliances. We all possess innumerable gadgets that basically run on battery or electricity, their dimensions ranging from small to huge. But it is not just the question of possessing, we often prefer to stay ahead amongst our group mates as far as trends and fashion are concerned.

This is a guest post by Alyssa Clarke who is a passionate writer who also happens to be an eco enthusiast. She is a big fan of green architecture and a firm supporter of concept of clean energy.

If you would like to write an article, please read How to Become an Author

The present scenario

Of all the wastes that make up the list of ‘to – be – recycled’ things on this planet, a considerable fraction is contributed by electronic gadgets and appliances. We all possess innumerable gadgets that basically run on battery or electricity, their dimensions ranging from small to huge. But it is not just the question of possessing, we often prefer to stay ahead amongst our group mates as far as trends and fashion are concerned.

Why is change necessary?

Person using ATM.

Assuming that the number of techno-geeks is increasing in the world, it becomes apparent that most of the electronic gadgets that are done away with, still have huge traces of life blinking in them. So obviously, throwing them away does not do any good to anyone. We waste money in buying the newer models while the older ones are still hale and hearty while disposing the older ones away only add to the straws that is making the environmental spine hunch down under pressure.

The feasible practical improvement

Well then, we have a solution at hand. I suppose it would sound like bells ringing if anybody were to tell you that you can get money just by bartering your old gadgets, which you would do off with, anyways. That is exactly what ecoATM has done! ecoATM is a company based San Diego, that has catered out e-cycling booths at different locations across USA and California.

These e-cycling booths use artificial intelligence as the prime equipment to detect gadgets and spit out cash in lieu of it. The booths also have additional facilities like store credits. The grander part is that of all the gadgets, which are collected in these kiosks, 75% are comprised of those that can actually not be declared as debris. The rest 25% is recycled using the best of technologies. And all this effort has not just gone away unnoticed! The ecoATM booth has been the proud nominee for a whole round of glamorous awards. It has been fondly chosen by the United Nations as the leader amongst ideas that could drastically reduce the carbon footprint.

Awards and prizes of course come secondary to us, our concern is just about the beneficial outcomes of installing these e-cycling kiosks at various parts of cities around the world. It would not just be about recycling and reducing Carbon emissions. It is about inspiring a whole generation of people to contribute in their own small ways towards the global march to reach a green future. It is a push to all of us to notice that the highest consumer of energy, modern technology can itself be very trickily utilised to reduce the emission of carbon to a great extent. It is an example to show that intelligence can be used in productive ways and it is always not necessary to pass bills and fight for environmental rights to do something graceful and worth remembering for the environment.

This concept has till now, only materialized at a counted number of locations, but it would indeed be green to the eyes to see this green technology clear its dusty path to lead to a greener future.

About Alyssa Clarke

Alyssa is a writer. She loves writing, traveling and playing. These days she is busy to write an article on ecofriendly nature.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>