Increasing demand for more natural burial practices has spawned changes in the industry, and dozens of funeral homes and cemeteries across the country have started to adopt greener ways of operating.
read more | digg story
Here are a few you might like from the archives:
- Planning Your Green Burial
- Memorial Ecosystems Started the Trend for Eco-Burial Sites Across the United States
- Embalming Started During the Civil War and Is Not Legally Required in the United States – So Why Is It Still the Most Popular?
- Traditional Funerals are Bad for the Planet
- The Dangers of Embalming Fluid and Traditional Funerals