Are you prepared for the Flu season? For those of us wanting to take care of our health in a more "natural" way we've compiled a list of the top 6 ways to help you fight the flu.
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Get plenty of sleep to keep your immune system strong. If you have the ability to take a quick cat-nap go for it. Try to pay attention to what your body needs during the day.
3. Stay hydrated with plenty of water. The easiest way to find out how much water to drink is take your body weight in pounds, dividing it in half to get the number of ounces you should be drinking every day.
4. Take your vitamins. A good multivitamin can help your body stay nourished, especially when your eating habits are not the best. This is also a good idea with today's food lacking many nutrients it once had.
5. Staying active can help your body stay healthy. Try taking a quick 15 minute walk during the day to perk up your attitude and your immune system.
6. Over-the-counter medications can abolish your immune system. Even if it will help your symptoms go away, it's only a temporary relief. It's much better to let you body heal itself – naturally.