Super easy and elegant, these Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus Sticks are delicious. Try pairing them with Chateau Laubarit Entre-Deux-Mers Blanc, from Organic Wine Company.
This vegan wine offers a light, fruity and refreshing taste that's elegant. Great with seafood, the Chateau Laubarit Entre-Deux-Mers Blanc offers sweet scents of guava, pineapple and peach. You'll notice these scents in the flavor slightly and the pale golden color indicates a youthful freshness.
The Organic Wine Company carries a wide range of vegan wines. They carry a selection of organic and vegan red, white, sparking and dessert wines. It all began when they found some years in France winemakers use carbon, kaolin, diatomaceous earth and bentonite clay instead of using the standard gelatin/casein. No animals are involved in the process.
- 8 or 9 asparagus spears, depending on size
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Unwrap the phyllo and cut the stack in half lengthwise. Reserve 1 stack for later use. Cover the phyllo with a damp towel to keep it from drying out. Take 1 sheet of phyllo and brush lightly with some melted butter. Sprinkle with some Parmesan.
- Place 2 to 3 asparagus spears on the short end of the sheet. Roll them up, jelly-roll style. Place each piece, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle with more Parmesan. Repeat until all the asparagus spears are used to. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Source: Food Network